Subject: BITT rate on FX transactions has been decreased from 1% to 0,2%
Banking and Insurance Transactions Tax ("BITT") rate to be imposed on foreign exchange (FX) transactions and non-physical gold sales(*) has been decreased from 1% to 0,2% through the Presidential Decree no. 3031 published in the Official Gazette dated Sep 30th, 2020
In accordance with the relevant regulation, BITT rates to be calculated over the below listed transactions have been determined to be 0%;
- Foreign currency sales among banks, authorized institutions or between banks and authorized institutions,
- Foreign currency sales made to the Turkish Ministry of Treasury and Finance,
- Foreign currency sales made to borrowers who have foreign currency loan, by the lender bank or the bank that mediate the use of foreign currency credits, intended for the payment of the foreign currency loan,
- Foreign currency sales made to enterprises having the industrial registry certificate,
- Foreign currency sales made to exporters who are members of Exporters' Associations.
- Foreign currency sales made to non-resident institutions performing at least one of the activities accepted as a financial institution activity in accordance with the Banking Law.
(*)As per the Revenue Administration’s Letter dated May 21, 2020, addressed to the Banks Association of Turkey, non-physical gold sales will be considered as foreign exchange transactions.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
These materials and the information contained herein are provided by Deloitte Turkey and are-intended to provide general information on a particular subject or subjects and are not on exhaustive treatment of such subject(s).
Accordingly, the information in these materials is not intended to constitute accounting, tax, investment, consulting, or other professional advice or services. The information is not intended to be relied upon as the sole basis for any decision which may affect your personal finances or business, you consult a qualified professional adviser.
These materials and the information contained therein are provided as is, and Deloitte Turkey makes no express or implied representations or warranties regarding these materials or the information contained therein. Without limiting the foregoing, Deloitte Turkey does not warrant that the materials or information contained therein will be error-free or will meet any particular criteria of performance or quality.
Deloitte Turkey expressly disclaims all implied warranties, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, title, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
Your use of these materials and information contained therein is at your own risk, and you assume full responsibility and risk off loss resulting from the use thereof. Deloitte Turkey will not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages or any other damages whatsoever, whether in an action of contract, statue, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), or otherwise, relating to the use of these materials or the information contained therein.
© 2020 Deloitte Global Services Limited